General English Course
This course is offered as a standalone course, helping learners to improve reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation. The course offers a great opportunity to improve confidence and usage of English, share cultural experiences, get involved in a lively exciting class or just meet people and have fun!
Our General English programmes can be streamlined to support the delivery of professional and academic training. PET-Xi ensures learners have the required skills to understand, contribute and fully benefit from specific or specialised training. This then enables learners to apply their learning in the real world maximising impact for both further learning or within business or employment.
- The focus is on the core English skills reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Writing and planning skills.
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Reading skills.
- Information retrieval and summary writing.
- Grammar, sentence structure and vocabulary.
As well as concentrating on core skills, the sessions also focus on:
- Business English and related core skill exercises (where relevant).
- Exam technique (where relevant).
- Bespoke adaptation to forge links with specialist training institutes.
PET-Xi has a positive and forward-thinking philosophy to General English provision. Recent courses have integrated English learning with supporting women in their effort to return to the workforce and this ethos is central to the vision of our Managing Director, Fleur. Bridging English language acquisition with social and commercial advancement ensures motivation, direction and overall learner satisfaction.